Pages

January 21, 2015

Shared Toddler+Guest Room & a New Mom Cave

After the first of the year, I started thinking of house projects and goals I wanted to accomplish. One of the first things I decided on doing was moving Lilly into what was our guest room and making her small room a home office/craft room/mom cave. Now that Lilly is almost 18 months old, she has outgrown her small nursery. As she gets older, she accumulates more clothes, more toys, and just more stuff. I found it very difficult to keep her room organized and not look like a hot mess all the time. So I finally had an "Ah-Hah!" moment and was like, why don't we move her into the bigger room and move my desk and all of the "stuff we never have a place for" into the small room and make an office. There is plenty of room to move her crib, toys, clothes, and still have the full size guest bed in there. My husband agreed and once we got it in our head that it was something we wanted to accomplish by the Spring, we did it the next weekend. It took one whole day to clean out the guest room and the closet and move all the furniture around. Her new room is pretty much done except for some decor. I need to get new curtains and want to get some more things to hang on the wall for decor and storage. The office is currently a work in progress every week with organizing and cleaning up and decorating. 

Here is some of my inspiration for switching these rooms and how I ultimately would love for them to look ;)
                      
       
      




 

Stay tuned for pictures of both rooms once they are fully cleaned and decorated :)

1 comment:

  1. I am all about the gold, pink, and polka dots these days (as I know you are :) ). I LOVE that girly room with the gold polka dotted wall paper!! Can't wait to see all the photos!

    ReplyDelete