Pages

September 25, 2014

Living Simply: Paring Down and Planning a Capsule Wardrobe

So it's no surprise that I used to be a self proclaimed shopaholic and genuinely love clothing and accessories. But as of lately, being on a budget and given my new life as a mom, shopping and trying new trends frequently just isn't in my lifestyle anymore and I find myself wearing the same things over and over again even though I have a closet full of other pieces. I have seen a lot of Capsule Wardrobes on Pinterest and other blogs and specifically discovered Caroline's Capsule Wardrobe and found myself really intrigued to create one for myself. A wardrobe of things that I actually want to and will wear. She breaks down everything you need to know about how to build a capsule wardrobe on her site in really specific detail but here are the main steps:


Paring down one's closet can be a daunting, overwhelming, and stressful task...especially trying to focus with a toddler running around. However, when I decided to take the time and go through EVERYTHING, it wasn't that bad. I was able to say no to a lot of things and have 4 trash bags full of stuff to be trashed, consigned, and donated (basically the items that don't fit me right or I haven't worn in a really long time or plan on wearing in the future). And that was just round one which was just a very quick first run through of all my clothes in my closet and storage. Now my next step I want to do is go back through and take a little more time and analyze each piece and figure out my LOVE IT, MAYBE, NOPE and SEASONAL items. Then the third step will be to assess what I have left and plan+shop for missing holes in my wardrobe. 



Stay tuned for more updates on where I'm at with my capsule wardrobe and join the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment