Pages

March 10, 2015

My Everyday Makeup Routine

This is my go-to makeup routine on any given day that I have been doing for years. Up until the past few months, I preferably used powder foundations because they worked better for my oily skin and application wise they are just easier. I could make it as light or as full coverage as I wanted to without looking cakey. However this past winter had me with the driest skin I have ever had and powder foundation just wasn't cutting it, so I have been experimenting with some liquid foundations and have found a great foundation for my skin: Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing makeup. I really love it and will talk more about it below. So here is everything else I use:


Loreal Derm-Expertise Transformance Skin Perfecting Solution with Vitamin C
I picked this up on sale one day at a discount store and was really intrigued to try it. I use it on my face after I put on my moisturizer and before I put my makeup on, kind of like a primer. It really smooths my skin and gives it this matte-velvety finish and feel to it that makes my makeup look flawless. Since I'm not a big fan of actual makeup primers, this product acts like a primer to me but also helps keep it nourished while my makeup is on.

Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Foundation
This foundation is supposed to help treat your blemishes and help prevent new ones. This foundation is definitely not full covereage, I would say light covereage, however, it is buildable so you can make it as light or as full coverage as you want without the cakey feel to it. It works great for my combination-oily skin and doesn't settle into any of my fine lines around my mouth and eyes. It has helped my blemishes and really feels great on the skin. I love this foundation for everyday because it is quick to apply with my foundation brush and I love the way it looks on my skin.

Revlon Colorstay Concealor
This has been a go-to of mine for years. It covers great and stays on all day. 

Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in the Brightening Shade
This stuff is amazing! I use this of course under my eyes but also as additional highlight on my forehead, chin, nose, and cheek bones.

Revlon Colorstay Powder Foundation
This is my favorite powder foundation. I use this to set my foundation to give me a little extra coverage  and on days when I'm really in a rush and don't have time to mess with liquid foundation. When used alone it is light-medium, build-able coverage and has a flawless finish.

Hard Candy Contour Kit (Blush, Bronzer, and Highlight)
This is an all-in-one product for convenience and I love the colors and the finish. 

NYX Eyebrow kit
This eyebrow kit is very quick and easy to use and the color matches perfectly. 

Revlon Color Stay Eye Quad
If you've noticed a pattern, Revlon Colorstay is one of my absolute favorites. These eye quads have so many different color options and I love this one for a natural, everyday look.

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black Brown
I love a nice black brown eyeliner for everyday because brown seems to be too light and black is just too harsh for everyday.

Maybelline Sensational Mascara (use to use Loreal Voluminous Lash in the gold tube)
Love the volume and the staying power of this mascara, it doesn't flake off throughout the day. 

Maybelline Sensational Lipstick in Nearly There and Bare Escentuals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss
These two products have such a nice natural color to them that work for any occasion that make them the perfect go-to everyday lip products for me.

Elf HD Undereye setting powder
This powder really helps my under eye concealor set and prevents settling into my fine lines.

Elf Makeup Setting Spray
Love this stuff! It really helps set everything and helps my makeup last longer while also giving your skin a nice cooling affect.

Foundation Brush, Stippling Brush, Bronzer/Blush Brush, Powder Brush




No comments:

Post a Comment