Pages

July 14, 2014

Mommy Confessions: Having it All


Okay, so let's be really honest here, I was completely terrified when I made the decision to leave work and become a stay-at-home mom. I have been working since I was 14 years old, from babysitting...to temporary summer jobs in high school...to working at a local restaurant...to a receptionist...to working in retail... then back to office work, I don't know what it's like to not have a job. I mean when I was in college I had an almost full-time retail job plus a full-time internship while still going to class. I don't know how not to work. So this endeavor to say the least is a challenge, not a difficult challenge because I love being at home with the little one all day, but I'm only 3 months in and I'm not satisfied. Yes, I love being able to be home and take care of Lilly and watch her develop and keep our house functioning, but I feel like I'm not fulfilling my potential. I had all these hopes and dreams to open my own store or move up in the corporate retail world, but right now neither are feasible. I have all these ideas and creative juices flowing and I'm trying to find ways to hone in on those while I stay home and ultimately try and "have it all."



But really...can we have it all? I know a lot of you moms out there have experienced this or are going through it right now as well. I'm still adjusting to the stay-at-home-mom thing and trying to figure out a way to make it all work. I'm hoping to find something I do that I'm passionate about and am using my skills toward while also fulfilling my duties as a wife and mother. How have you made it all work? Can we have it all? What are some ways you adjusted to staying at home full-time?


No comments:

Post a Comment