Pages

October 31, 2014

I've Been Nominated :)


So as you may know, I started this blog last year right after giving birth to my little girl, Lillian. I have had so much fun using this as my creative and mommy outlet and as a way for me to get my own personal time and just have fun. I have met a lot of amazing bloggers out there and discover new ones to follow and fall in love with every day. I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Vicki and Livi and Heather of Broken with Remedy! I am so honored and so grateful to be recognized by you ladies and it really means a lot to be nominated for this award. This award is for bloggers with less then 200 followers, and blogs are nominated by other blogs. 

I have answered 11 questions that they have passed on to me below. Then I will be nominating 11 other bloggers to answer the same questions. 

1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
I wanted a title that perfectly reflected what I was going to be making the blog about, everything from my passion for fashion to my adventures in mommyhood. Polka Dots are one my favorite prints to wear, to decorate, whatever, I love polka dots, and it reflects the fashion aspect of the blog. Pampers, is the brand of diapers I use other then Target brand and the combination had a nice ring to it, and reflects the mommyhood aspect of the blog. So there you have it, Polka Dots and Pampers! 

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Passion! I have always had a passion for everything creative, style, and the fashion world. It's what guided me to the fashion degree I hold and the career path I chose in college. I am also passionate about my family, my husband, and daughter Lilly, and I've always wanted to be a good wife and mother, so taking time away from one passion to focus on the other was the best decision I made. Now I'm working on balancing everything and trying to reconnect with my creative and fashion side. Passion is what you'll see in my blog :)

3. What's your favorite pastime other than blogging?
Other then blogging or anything fashion/shopping really, my favorite pastime is the mountains. Hiking, climbing, exploring, and just anything outdoors are things I like to explore whether I'm in the mountains or not. The mountains are my favorite place on earth, so just being there is adventure enough for me.  

4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love being able to create things and just talk about things I'm interested in and want to talk about.

5. What recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself?
I'd most likely would try the DIY Garland from Old Clothes from Vicki and Livi's Blog craft for holiday decoration, decor for Lilly's room or for special event deocration. I really love this idea and more then likely will be trying this soon :)

6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
Fashion and my daily life as a mom. 

7. What one country in the world would you like to visit? Why?
Well I would visit both Italy and Greece on the same trip. I have always wanted to visit these two beautiful places and explore and eat incredible food :)

8. If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite boy and girl names?
One girl named Lillian (Lilly).

9. A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
Well it depends on the amount of the large sum. My first instinct of course is going to be a shopping spree and buy all the clothes, shoes and handbags I want! However, I'd probably do practical things with it, like pay of any debts, maybe buy a new house, car, put some away for Lilly, maybe start a business, and use a little for shopping :)

10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you've written so far? (Include the link!)
I don't know if I have a favorite. They're all my favorite :)

11. What is your favorite food?
Food: Pasta / Dessert food: Cake  

And here are my nominations (based on number of facebook followers for their blog page):

Mary @Mary Morelli Personal Blog
Bex @Butcher's Niche
Julia @Writers Block Near You
Jen @La Vida Life as it Comes
Samantha @Moving Peaces
Amanda @Fun in the Oven
Alexandra @With a Heart in Danger
Rebecca @The Glitter Diaries
Daisy @ Simplicity Relished
Jenny @ The Littlest Way
Shelby @Shelby Clarke Blog

These are the steps to accepting your award:
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you (see below). Please comment on this post with your link when you are done so I can see your answers!
  • In your post, link back to the person/blog who nominated you and give a little thank you shout out.
  • After completing the questions, nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers on the social media platform of your choice, and give them 11 questions of your choice.
  • Notify your nominees of their nomination, and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.

These are your questions (I loved the questions I was given, so I've kept them the same!):
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? 
3. What's your favorite pastime other than blogging?
4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
5. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself? 
6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
8. If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite boy & girl names?
9. A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you've written so far? (Include the link!)
11. What is your favorite food? 


Congrats, ladies! I loved finding your blogs and I will continue to read them! :)




7 comments:

  1. This was so much FUN! Thank you for nominating me. http://funintheovenblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/ive-been-nominated.html oxox, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved getting to know you more through your blog! Hoping to stay connected :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me, friend! It was great to read more about your blogging process :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved getting to know you through your blog! Hope to stay connected :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! Here's the post in response: http://movingpeaces.com/little-qa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved getting to know you more through your blog!! Hoping to stay connected :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the nomination!! Here's my blog post: http://www.withaheartindanger.com/?p=1171

    ReplyDelete